The more you know about the ingredients you are putting on your skin (and in your body!!) the better off you are to ensuring that you are not harming yourself in the long run. Although you could consider some of your favorite beauty products to be "miracle workers" because they provide your skin with the instant gratification you are seeking, often times the ingredients within these products are dangerous and can cause larger issues & dependencies to them over time. Below are some ingredients your skin is better without.
1. Synthetic Colors - Believe it or not, synthetic colors are a skin irritant, suspected to be a human carcinogen & is even linked to ADHD in children. If you see FD&C or D&C on the label of your beauty product, that is the sign of synthetic colors & it is best to stay away.
2. Fragrances - Although the thought of a fragrance in your skincare may sound lovely, they are actually known to be associated with allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress & potential effects on the reproductive system!!! Those are risks we are NOT willing to take.
3. Triclosan - Now on to the more "scientific" ingredients. Tricolson has the capability to make bacteria resistant to antibiotics & has been known to impact thyroid and reproductive hormones. It is also a skin irritant - a big skincare no, no.
4. Phthalates - By definition, phthalates are a group of chemicals used to increase flexibility/softness of plastics in hundreds of well known beauty products. Sadly, phthalates are linked to increasing the risk of breast cancer, early breast development in young girls & can even cause birth defects in males and females. This is definitely an ingredient to keep an eye out for to avoid, especially for women.
5. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is usually found in foaming products (face wash, hand soap, etc.) and is a dangerous irritant for eyes, skin and lungs. SLS can even lead to longterm kidney & respiratory damage. Avoiding SLS could help you to prevent serious, life-threatening issues.
Take care the best you can and try our Full Set of all natural products with organic, wild harvested ingredients straight from the Tibetan Plateau.
Full Set for Oily/Sensitive/Combination Skin
Full Set for Dry/Normal Skin
Not ready to commit to the full size products? Try the travel kit best suited for your skin.