Don't let your winter skin bring you down! Hydrating your skin isn't as tough as it sounds. Here are some quick and easy fixes that will make you have noticeably healthier, hydrated skin.
1. Water! Water! Water!
The myth is true - no matter what the seasonal change may be, by drinking plenty of fluids, your skin will be glowing! Yes, we know water can be boring, but it's so important to have a daily intake of at least 2 liters of water a day. A couple ways you can spruce up your water:
- It's chilly out, drink some hot water with a squeeze of lemon & a little bit of honey. Great for early morning or late evening.
- Prepare with some delicious fruit infused water. Slice up oranges, lemons or cucumbers and let it sit in your water for a delicious lightly flavored taste.
2. Eat Water-Infused Foods
Natural, whole foods have the highest hydration capabilities & fruits/veggies contain between 80 & 98% water. Consuming dense vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, carrots or celery with a meal or snack is one of the easiest ways to improve your daily hydration.
3. Clockwork Skincare Routine
It's important to make sure that every morning and every evening you are cleansing & moisturizing your skin. We recommend the following routine:
- Cleanse: In the morning, invigorate your skin with with a gentle exfoliator. In the evening, use an oil based cleanser to ensure the removal of all makeup/dirt from the day.
- Tone: Spritz a few sprays of our Lush Balance Toning Mistto free your skin of unnecessary radicals.
- Moisturize: Choose a facial oil that is perfect for you. If your skin is feeling dry & needs a little extra hydration, we'd recommend the Desert Rescue Face Oil. The Neat Remedy Face Oilis perfect if your skin is considered to be combination, oily, or sensitive.
- Eye Serum: Decrease eye puffiness and reduce the potential for fine lines/wrinkles by using our Nutrient Boost Eye Serum.
Keep your skin beautiful & glowing all year round with the above hydrating techniques.