It's the 4th of July & the heat of the summer is in full swing! Humidity percentages may be high, but don't think that's a reason to give up on your regularly moisturizing routine. Here are a few reasons to maintain your skincare routine in the dead of summer:
1. Although it's hot outside, it's not inside!!
Many people forget that in the heat of the summer, AC is increased & with that comes dried out skin. It doesn't matter where you live, when you are exposed primarily to an artificially dehumidified environment (i.e. your office or living room) your skin is left dried with visible fine lines and wrinkles. Avoid these unwanted side effects by remembering to still utilize your face oil on the reg.
2. Just because your skin may seem "oily", doesn't mean it is properly hydrated.
With humidity at an all time high during summer, it's completely normal to think your skin is "oily" enough. However, when your skin is oily, it doesn't mean that it is properly hydrated - which is when the daily use of face oil steps in. The summer sun will dehydrate your skin, so though the humidity fools you into thinking it is hydrated enough, remember that you can avoid premature aging by regularly moisturizing, even when your brain tells you it's not necessary.
3. Feel like you need to adjust your regimen? It's okay... you should!
Maybe during the cooler months you feel like you need a thick moisturizer or heavier oil to combat your dry skin patches and flaky skin. In the summer, you can feel free to go a little lighter and you'll feel better about maintaining a healthy skincare routine that better suits your summer skin.
In the summer, you may want to adjust your face oil to the Neat Remedy Face Oil. It feels lighter weight and appropriate for oily/combination/sensitive skintypes. Follow the skincare routine mentioned below and you will be sure to have healthy, youthful, glowing skin all summer long.
1. Clean it up! - Try an exfoliating cleanser in the morning to wake up your skin and remove any dead skin. In the evening, we recommend moving to an oil based cleanser that will help to ensure all makeup and dirt from the day is removed.
2. Tone, tone, tone! - Use a few sprays of our Balance Toning Mist to revive your skin and free it of any free radicals. BONUS: Spray the Lush Balance Toning Mist to wake up your look or set your makeup for the day!
3. Add Moisture Even Though You May Feel Oily - When your skin is feeling a bit more oily than usual from the weather, we recommend using the Clarify Face Oil, perfect for balancing out & softening your skin.
** If you feel your skin is still feeling a bit dry, use the Soothe Face Oil for best results.
4. Don't Forget Your Under Eyes! - Use 1-2 drops of our Restore Eye Serum to keep away dark circles and fine lines.
Juice cleanses - once the trending diet - are surrounded by controversies on whether they do more harm than good. We're excited to share with you our results from our own experiment.